This is more of a reminder than a recipe. Drink ½ your weight in ounces of water a day.
Do you know that your blood is 70% water? Not enough water and your blood can become sludgy – lots of health implications. Water also helps to conduct electricity in your body…and so much more.
Many clients say they simply don’t like drinking water or ask how to drink that much water? Our world is becoming more toxic and it is important to flush these toxins out of our body on a continual basis. Eating vegetables and fruits with high water content counts as part of your water intake and fiber is important as well.
Drinking enough fluids each day is recommended as follows:
- Upon arising fill a 16 oz. mug with water and add the juice of two small limes or ½ a lemon and a packet of stevia or xylitol and drink while getting ready for your day. (I have Birch derived Xylitol ) You have been dehydrated all night so this is very easy to do. Lemon and Lime cleanse the liver and detox organs, so it is a great way to start the day. An option is to add 1 Tbsp of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with a packet of stevia.
- Breakfast: Drink no more than ¼ cup of liquid with each of your meals for proper digestion. Breakfast can be a smoothie. I like the Metabolic Detox Rice Protein shake. It is a full complement of nutrients, herbs and fiber to support the liver and organs of detoxification. Add ½ cup frozen organic raspberries or blueberries from Trader’s, 2 cups of water, 2 Tbsp. of Chia Seeds and a packet of Stevia. 1/3 banana can be added for creaminess. Use fruits on your Genetic type.
- Have another 16 oz. of liquid mid morning. Always wait 2 hours after eating to drink liquids for proper digestion of your food. Drink suggestions are herbal teas. Try lemon, raspberry, black cherry, detox teas, green teas for variety which are great iced or hot. Try herbal coffees (caffeine dries out your skin!). Or you can try decaf coffee – yet remember it is also acidic. A great coffee alternative is Teeccino, which comes in many flavors. Mint Chocolate is my favorite. Teeccino is alkaline and is a combination of fruits, herbs and grains. You can also select a green drink, which is refreshing and alkalinizing as well. I have wonderful fermented one in stock. Juicing your favorite vegetables with a little fruit, having Kefir or Kambucha are other alternatives.
- Lunch can be your favorite lunch or a smoothie.
- Early afternoon and late afternoon: drink two additional 16 oz. of your favorite drink. Vary it to keep it interesting and easy to accomplish. Jasmine Green Tea is another favorite of mine.
- Have dinner.
- Two hours after dinner have a relaxing tea: Chamomile or Sleepy Time Tea is a great choice to wind down your day.
- The above would be five 16 oz. cups of liquid. More would come from your food or from smoothies or shakes – it all counts. This would be 80 oz. of liquid, enough for a 160 lb. person. If you require more or less you can adjust accordingly.
Water is critical for controlling weight and in keeping your body clean and properly hydrated.